8:30am Early Bird Service
9:30am Contemporary Service
9:30am Sunday School
11:00am Traditional Worship Service
*Nursery: Infant through 1st grade available during 9:30 and 11:00 services.
JUNIOR HIGH CLUB – 5;30pm
SENIOR HIGH CLUB – 7:00pm
United Methodist Men
- Our Purpose
Our United Methodist Men are a creative supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ, to grow spiritually and to seek daily his will. We follow the principles of John Wesley--
"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can, In all the places you can,
In all the times you can, To all the people you can."
--John Wesley, founder of Methodism.
Our primary purpose is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships.
The major concerns are:
• To encourage knowledge of and support for the total mission of the UMC.
• To engage in evangelism by sharing the fullness of the gospel
• To clarify and speak to the identity and role of the man in contemporary society.
• To seek commitment to discipleship.
• To study and become familiar with the UMC, its organization, doctrines, and beliefs.
• To cooperate with all units of United Methodist Men in obtaining these objectives through district, conference, jurisdiction, and church-wide goals.
The scouting organization that we work with has inherent “building blocks” that the local church can transform into effective ministry. For example, they require service projects that offer opportunities to begin to cultivate effective servant leaders. By starting as “friends” (members of a troop or club), progressing to “followers” of Christ (older youth who are setting the example), and culminating in “fishermen” (youth who do service projects to meet requirements), we can envision how this is a true beginning for servant leadership in the church, community, state, and nation. To learn more about Scouting at First United Methodist Church-click the scouting link.
Learn about the Scouting Program more>>