Safe Sanctuary Background Check
We will be requiring persons providing child supervision and caregivers for persons with disabilities through our church ministries to complete the Child Protection Background Check as required by the Safe Sanctuary Policy and the Conference Guidelines. In order to allow convenience and privacy, we are publishing the link in the Church bulletin and through the user groups for Safe Sanctuary for the persons requiring clearance to go online and complete the review process. Persons requiring clearance will be required to complete the process before March 1, 2014. If they are already screened through another agency, they must provide proof of the screening and it must be within the last 60 days for it to count. If the person is operating a personal motor vehicle for transporting Youth Group or others on activities, or the Church van, they must select the Child Protection Plus option. Upon completion of the check, persons must turn in the verification printout that will be sent to them to the respective department or group coordinator. Submit a copy of the payment and we will reimburse the person for the cost of the approved background clearance. The information is listed below. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
We will also be placing a link on the Church website to allow people to locate the information easily.
It's Easy.... Just follow the steps.... automatic results:
1. Click here to begin applying for a background check:https://www.smart-trak.com/GNJUMC.aspx?code=GNJUMC.
2. Once you receive the email follow the instructions to obtain the Child Protection background check or the Child Protection Plus (Motor Vehicle Check) Background check through Trak-1 Technologies.
3. Remember your username and password. This information will allow you access to your Trak-1 account at all times.
4. Payment is based on a self pay model by Credit card through the Trak-1 website.
• Child Protection Background Check: $11.00 + $2.99 Transaction fee to Trak-1 Technologies
• Child Protection Plus: $18.00 + Any applicable state access fee + $2.99 transaction fee to Trak-1
Technologies (for those who will ever transport children, youth and/or vulnerable adults)
If you need assistance with obtaining the background check, Trak-1 can be reached at 1- 800-600-8999.
Mark Kahn, Owner